Welcome to my Forms and Information Page
This page presented by Kenny Blalock   . DART SWFSDO 11 Little Rock, AR.
If you need clarification on any items, give me a call at (501) 327-4339
  E-Mail:  falcon@conwaycorp.net

The FAA has designated some private persons to act in its behalf in the inspection of amateur-built
aircraft and the issuance of airworthiness certificates. These persons are known as Designated Airworthiness Representatives (DAR) and are authorized to charge for their services.  These charges are set by the DAR and not governed by the FAA.

The following information was generated by Kenny Blalock, (D.A.R.) for use during my inspection of Amateur Built aircraft for issuance of the Airworthiness Certificate.
                                                                                     Feel free to print it out and share it with your friends.

This is NOT an official source of information. Always contact your local FAA office for official information.

The following FAA forms are needed for certification of your amateur built aircraft or rotor craft

 You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to download and print these forms ---(it's  FREE)
click here!   -   for FREE download copy

You will need these forms.

FAA Form 8050-88, Eligibility Statement. You need to fill out this form when you first apply for an N-Number from aircraft registry.  (Must be Notarized)  It is attached here. 8050-88.pdf    Form 8050-88
                                                               click here

FAA Form 8130-6, Application for Airworthiness Certificate, is attached here . 8130-6.pdf   Form 8130-6
                                                                                                                                                           click here
"I will fill out this form for the applicant----all I need is the information for the form"

FAA Form 8130-12, Eligibility Statement, This is the eligibility statement you sign and present when you actually have your airplane inspected. It is attached here. 8130-12.pdf  (This form must be Notarized)   Form 8130-12
                                                                                                                                                         click here

If you want a repairman's certificate to do your own annual condition inspection, you'll need
FAA Form 8610-2, the Application for a Repairman Certificate, is attached here. 8610-2.pdf   Form 8610-2
 The Little Rock FAA Office  Address is:   F AA FSDO                                                              click here
                                                                        1701 Bond Street
                                                                        Little Rock, AR.  72202
(NOTE) It would be advisable to contact the Little Rock FSDO via telephone prior to submitting you application information as in some cases this will have to be done in person. Little Rock FSDO (1-800-632-9566)

If I do your Airworthiness Certification I will help you fill out the Application for a Repairman's Certifiate

There is an example of a completed application Form 8610-2 shown on page (A6-1) of AC 20-27F (see link to this AC below.)------  I will do this for you if I do your Airworthness Certification-----.

NOTE ** Include with your application, a copy of your drivers licenses and include a copy of the FAA Form 8130-12---this will speed up your repairman's certificate.

 Aircraft Bill of Sale Form, FAA Form 8050-2, can get it here. 8050-2.pdf Aircraft Bill of Sale Form 8050-2
                                                                                                                                                             click here
NOTE *** Call your Kit Manufacturer and have them send you a BILL OF SALE for you Kit----INCLUDE this with your application as the FAA Records Section in Oklahoma City will require this.

NOTE****On your application for Registration Form (AC 8050-1) where it ask for, AIRCRAFT MANUFACTURER & MODEL, Remember your are the MANUFACTURER ----NOT THE KIT MANUFACTURER!!! (EXAMPLE--Doe, Johnny--Rans S6S).

NOTE ***  The FAA Order 8130.2J that is used for Experimental Aircraft Certification requires you to generate a PROGRAM LETTER showings how you intend to operate this aircraft and where you are going to test fly it.  This is in addition to the issued Operating Limitations that you will receive during certification.  You can download a SAMPLE and fill in the blanks, as this will become part of the paperwork package required for certification, or I will do it for you.

Click here to go to the SAMPLE PROGRAM LETTER (print screen)

Don't forget !! to make your final AIRCRAFT LOG BOOK entry when you are ready for the inspector to come and certificate your aircraft.    This is a SAMPLE entry that you can use to put in your Aircraft Log Book.

I certify that I have built this aircraft for my own education and recreation, and I have inspected it fully, using FAR 43 Appendix "d" as a guide. I am the manufacturer, and I consider it eligible for issuance of an Experimental Airworthiness Certificate for the purpose of operating amateur built aircraft under provisions of FAR 21.191(g).

Signed:______________________________________-    Date: _______________________
              Builder Name and Pilot Certificate Number

NOTE !! The FAA requires a written and established test flight plan to be used during the test flight phase of your aircraft use the Advisory Circular AC90-89A  listed below as a guide. Down load it and rearrange it to meet your needs.

Getting an "N" number

N-Numbers are issued from the FAA Aircraft Registry in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The phone number is:
(405) 954-3116.  Your local Flight Standards District Office can  provide you with the forms necessary to begin the process. In any case, expect anywhere from 90 to 120 days to complete the registration process.
     You also do not want to register it too early for a number of reasons. Some people give up on a project, and it may change hands several times before completion. Having it built by one person and registered to another can make it difficult to show who actually built the aircraft.  Some states also charge sales, tax or personal property tax on airplanes, and the state get their information from FAA registry files.  It may be hard to convince your state tax collector he shouldn't charge you for an airplane in your basement when all you have is the first kit or a shipment of raw materials.

Click Here
and print a copy of the Inspection Check List for Amateur Built Aircraft

This is the same checklist that I use for the final inspection as a DAR when I  issue the Certificate of Airworthiness for your Amateur built Aircraft or Rotor craft.

The following Advisory Circulars (AC) are also necessary for the safe implementation and advancement of amateur-built aircraft construction. Click on the AC below to view and/or download the appropriate Acrobat(tm) file.

(Some of these files are quiet lengthy  --- if you are going to print them out be prepared to have plenty of paper in the printer)

AC20-27F, Certification and Operation of Amateur-Built Aircraft, This AC provides information and guidance in the building, certification and operation of amateur-built aircraft.

AC20-139, Commercial Assistance During Construction of Amateur-Built Aircraft, Explains FAA regulations and policy regarding commercial assistance during the fabrication and assembly of amateur-built aircraft.

AC90-89A, Amateur-Built Aircraft & Ultralight Flight Testing Handbook , This AC sets forth suggestions and safety related recommendations to assist amateur and ultralight builders in developing individualized aircraft flight test plans.  (Download and rearrange to meet your needs)

AC65-23A, Certification of Repair persons (Experimental Aircraft Builders), This AC provides guidance to builders of amateur-built aircraft concerning their certification as repairmen.

AC39-7C, Airworthiness Directives, This AC provides guidance and information to owners and operators of aircraft concerning their responsibility for complying with airworthiness directives (AD) and recording AD compliance in the appropriate
maintenance records.
AC20-12 Application for U.S. Airworthiness Certificate

                                                  "NEW NOTICE"
Clarifies intent on use of TC’d parts

 May 14, 2007 - The FAA recently clarified aircraft certification policy regarding the use of parts from previously type-certificated aircraft in the construction and certification of an amateur-built aircraft. The agency added the following statement to FAA Order 8130.2F change 3:
"NOTE: A rebuilt, altered, or repaired type-certificated aircraft DOES NOT meet the intent of § 21.191(g) and DOES NOT meet the § 21.191(g) requirement that the major portion of the aircraft be fabricated and assembled."

In the past some people in the aviation community believed that by rebuilding or restoring entire aircraft or sections of a type-certificated aircraft, they could receive credit for the fabrication and assembly done.

The FAA has indicated to EAA that the intent of the note is to make clear that the rebuilding, restoring or any other work done to airframe components that were previously type-certificated will not count toward the majority portion requirement of 21.191(g) experimental amateur-built regulation. There have been attempts to certificate rebuilt vintage aircraft as amateur-built, but the FAA does not wish to allow this type of activity.

This is not a new policy and does not prevent builders from using salvaged or new aircraft parts from other aircraft. It simply states that no fabrication or assembly credit will be given for work done on these parts to make them airworthy for use on an experimental aircraft. The FAA has never given credit--or taken credit away--from an amateur builder for "off the shelf" components such as wheels, brakes, engines, propellers, or other accessories. It's perfectly acceptable to use these items, either purchased new or salvaged from a pre-existing aircraft.

A builder may continue to use structural parts from previously type-certificated aircraft, such as using a Piper Cub wing to build a Breezy. However, no credit for the assembly and or recovering of that wing will be given toward meeting the majority portion as required by the regulations. In the case of the Breezy, the wing is the only part that is typically salvaged from a previously type-certificated aircraft and usually would not prevent the aircraft from being certificated as in the amateur-built category.

This new guidance is consistent with EAA’s understanding of the amateur-built regulations but does address a subject area in which EAA receives many questions.

“There’s never any problem with using salvaged wheels, engines, props, or other ‘bolt-on’ components like that, so long as these items are in a condition for safe operation,” said Joe Norris of EAA senior aviation specialist and an FAA Designated Airworthiness Representative. “This new guidance does not affect the use of such parts. It does, however, make clear that ‘restored’ or ‘rebuilt’ aircraft will generally not qualify for an amateur-built certificate.”

A word about Airworthiness Directives.......

 ?AD Compliance, DO AD's have to be complied with on Experimental Aircraft. ?

To make a long story short, the answer is YES! AD's ALWAYS have to be complied with no matter what type of
airworthiness certificate the aircraft is flying with at the time.
     If an AD specifically excludes Experimental Aircraft, the AD will state it in the body of the information. Otherwise, the AD applies. An AD is issued when the FAA finds an UNSAFE CONDITION, which is likely to exists on other aircraft, engines, propellers, or appliances.
     While it is true that the FAA has never issued an AD against an Amateur-Built aircraft airframe, it HAS issued AD's on equipment found in many home-built and experimental aircraft. Some typical examples of AD's that have an effect on many experimental aircraft are AD's applying to ELT's, Transponders, Magnetos, Engines, Air Filter Assemblies, Wheels, Brakes or to Props.  More is explained in the FAA Advisory Circular AC 39-7C, which is listed above.
    ? Can I simply remove the data plate on the engine, (or mag, or whatever) and not comply with the AD?
     The answer to that is NO. You must comply with the AD if you operate the aircraft.   In addition, removing the data plate could be found to be a FAR violation !  Technically, if you remove the engine data plate, you have violated 14 CFR 45.13(b), which states, in part, " Except as provided in (d)(1), of this section, no person may remove, change, or place identification information required by paragraph (a) of this section, on any aircraft, ... engine, propeller, propeller blade, or propeller hub, without the approval of the Administrator." and 14 CFR 45.13(c) says: "Except...(for maintenance).., no person may remove or install any identification plate required by (14 CFR) 45.11 without the Approval of the Administrator."
     The reason the FAA issues Airworthiness Directives is to protect the flying public from known unsafe conditions. Whether it is an oil impeller pump, or a transponder, if the FAA has determined that there is a problem, YOU MUST COMPLY WITH THE FIX.
     When you fill out your FAA Form 8130-6, Application for Airworthiness Certificate, you must state in Block III (B) that all airworthiness directives have been complied with, and the current series of AD's that have been examined. Example: All through 98-14, means you have researched the AD's on the aircraft and its components, and all have been complied with through the issue date of the 14th week of 1998.
     As an owner of an aircraft, you are required, Experimental Airworthiness Certificate or not, to comply with all Airworthiness Directives which are applicable to your aircraft and all of its installed equipment.